Peppers & Mango with Jerk Baked Tofu is a quick weeknight meal that you can get on the table in under 45 minutes. It is a colorful Jamaican-inspired dish that is packed with flavor and nutrition. Serve alongside white rice or quinoa for an even heartier meal.
I am not exaggerating when I say this is one of the best meals I have ever made. The combination of the jerk sauce with the gingery peppers and mango is exquisite. And you all know I'm a sucker for cilantro, so if you put it on anything I'm bound to swoon.
The peppers and mango by itself would also make a great side dish, salad topping or taco filling. There's a lot of versatility with this recipe, so play around and have some fun. All the colors in this dish make me giddy inside, so its going to be gorgeous no matter which way you serve it.
How to Make Pepper & Mango Stir Fry
Game plan for the meal
Timing can be tricky when you have several components to a meal. I've got you covered. This stir fry comes together very quickly. Follow these steps to get your meal on the table in under 45 minutes:
- To begin, prep all of your ingredients. Marinate the tofu, rinse the rice and chop the veggies. Set aside.
- If you are making this with the jerk baked tofu, prepare it first and put it in the oven. Set aside the marinade to use as a sauce.
- Next, prepare the rice and start it cooking on the stove.
- Add the peppers, onion, ginger, red pepper flakes and soy sauce to a large skillet and saute over high heat until crisp tender, about 5-8 minutes. Adding a little water to the pan will prevent the peppers and onions from sticking. Add mango and heat through.
- The tofu, rice and peppers should all be done around the same time. Warm the jerk marinade on the stove to be used as a sauce. Dinner is done!
Serving Peppers and Mango with Tofu
It depends on how many dishes you like, or don't like, to do, but I like to serve this at the table in separate bowls. I put the stir fried peppers, tofu and rice in separate dishes and pass them around, drizzling sauce on the top. But, go ahead and throw it all together in one bowl or serve from the stove if that is more your style. Either way, it is going to be delicious! Enjoy!
Pepper & Mango with Jerk Baked Tofu
Pepper & Mango Stir Fry
- 2 Bell Peppers* cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 red onion cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 large mango (about 2 cups) cut into ¾" cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Prep all of your ingredients before you start cooking. Marinate the tofu, rinse the rice, chop the veggies and set aside.
- Prepare the jerk tofu as directed and put it in the oven. Set aside the marinade to use as a sauce.
- Prepare the rice and begin cooking on the stove.
- In a large skillet cook the peppers, onion, ginger, red pepper flakes and soy sauce over high heat. Saute for 5-8 minutes until crisp tender, adding a little water as necessary to prevent sticking. Add mango and heat through.
- The tofu, rice and peppers should all be done around the same time. Heat the leftover jerk marinade on the stove until warm. Serve in separate bowls at the table with the jerk sauce on the side for drizzling. Enjoy!