Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
Thai peanut noodle salad is a healthy weeknight meal that is quick to make and packed full of flavor. This makes 2-3 main course servings or 3-4 side servings.
Servings: 3 servings
- 8 ounces rice noodles or gluten-free linguine
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots about 2 medium, shredded
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup peanuts chopped
- Cilantro chopped for garnish, optional
For the peanut dressing:
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger finely minced (or ⅛ tsp ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 tablespoons hot water or more to adjust consistency
Cook noodles according to package directions. If you’re going to eat this cold, rinse the noodles with cold water. If you’re going to eat it warm, put the noodles back in the pot you boiled them in.
While the noodles are cooking, combine all ingredients for the peanut dressing in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add more water as necessary to create a smooth, pourable sauce
Add the peanut dressing to the noodles and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles. Add the bell pepper, carrots, onions and peanuts and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Serve hot or cold. If serving cold, refrigerate for at least one hour to chill and up to 2 days. If the noodles seem a little dry when you’re ready to eat, toss them with a little water. Enjoy!
Nut and grain-free options:
You can make this salad nut-free by subbing tahini for the peanut butter and sesame seeds for the peanuts. If you have a nut and sesame allergy, sunflower butter and sunflower seeds are a good substitution.
For a grain free option swap the rice noodles for zucchini noodles.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7850IU | Vitamin C: 39.7mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.8mg