Chickpea Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Chickpea lettuce wraps with peanut sauce and mango are bursting with flavor. These colorful vegan lettuce wraps are an easy weeknight meal that is both healthy and filling.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/4 tsp fresh grated
- 1 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos for soy free
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chickpeas or two 15-ounce cans
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions white and green parts, chopped
Make the peanut sauce: combine all ingredients for the peanut dressing in a small bowland whisk until smooth. Add more water a teaspoon at a time to create a smooth, pourable sauce.
Chop the pepper, mango, cilantro and green onion and place on a platter alongside the chickpeas. Wash the lettuce leaves, pat them dry and place on another platter. Place platters and peanut sauce in the middle of the table and have fun assembling the lettuce wraps! Drizzle with peanut sauce and enjoy!
Nut Free Option: Substitute tahini or sunflower butter for the peanut butter.
Soy Free Option: Substitute coconut aminos for the tamari.
Nightshade Free Option: Omit the sriracha. Substitute carrots or another veggie for the bell peppers.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 754mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2217IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg