Fresh Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a colorful appetizer or taco topping. This healthy salsa comes together quickly and is packed full of flavor.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 mango diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro *see note
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and diced, **see note
- Dash Cayenne or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Taste for seasonings and add more as desired to suit your own tastes. I am a total wimp when it comes to spicy food, so the dash of cayenne may be laughable to some. By all means, spice it up if your taste buds tell you to!
Cover and chill in the fridge for one hour. This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
* If you are averse to cilantro, you can simply omit it , or try using some other herbs such as basil or parsley in it's place.
**If you are sensitive to nightshades you can leave our the bell pepper and replace it with more cucumber.
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 792IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg