This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots with maple mustard glaze is a healthy fall recipe. It's the perfect side dish at your holiday table or any time of year.
Have you tried roasting Brussels sprouts?
Their little leaves fall off and get all crunchy when they're roasted. Pair that with some carrots and coat them in a delicious maple and mustard glaze... you are going to be in love! Especially if you already enjoyed them to begin with.
Similar to maple Dijon roasted carrots and apples, this dish bursts with flavor with each deliciously caramelized bite.
And if you can't get enough of these Brussels sprouts and carrots, try adding them to a vegan fall harvest salad along with a drizzle of maple Dijon vinaigrette! It will transform your salads or quinoa bowls.
How to Make Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
This makes a great side dish or can be served as a main dish on a bed of rice and chickpeas. Once you get through the chopping, the dish comes together very quickly.
Start by prepping your Brussels sprouts and carrots. To prepare Brussels sprouts for roasting: wash and then trim the bottom stem to remove any parts that are dried or yellow.
Next, remove any outer leaves that are blemished or discolored. If the outside of the leaves looks healthy, there is no need to peel them off.
Prep the carrots by cutting them on the bias or at a diagonal to increase their surface space. Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, and then add the Brussels sprouts and carrots. Toss the veggies in the dressing and then place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Pro tip: Do not skip the parchment paper, or you will regret it. The caramelized maple syrup will make a sheet pan almost impossible to clean up without it.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, or until veggies are easily pierced with a fork. The dressing should have caramelized on the pan and any stray Brussels sprout leaves should be crunchy and perfect for snacking on. Remove from the oven and toss with toasted pecans.
The combination of the sweet, the salty, and the tangy mustard is enough to win just about anyone over. Enjoy!
More Fall Recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Maple-Mustard Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup aquafaba* or olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup pure
- 3 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 3 large carrots cut into ½" rounds
- ½ cup pecans toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Pro tip: Do not skip the parchment paper. The caramelized maple syrup will make a sheet pan almost impossible to clean up with out it.
- In a large bowl whisk together the salt, aquafaba, maple syrup and mustard until fully combined. Add the Brussels sprouts and carrots and toss to coat. Put the Brussels sprout mixture onto the prepared sheet pan and spread into an even layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 10 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender when pierced with a fork and the syrup from the glaze is slightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and toss with toasted pecans. Enjoy immediately.