This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cauliflower tacos with chickpeas are smoky and packed full of flavor. These easy gluten-free vegan tacos are going to be your new favorite dinner recipe in no time!
Tacos, tacos, tacos! Who wants tacos? That's a stupid question because everyone wants tacos! Am I right? Yes, I am. I eat tacos a minimum of two times per week, and I never ever get sick of them. Want to know why? I hardly ever make the same taco twice because I look at tacos as a blank canvas for any flavor combination you desire.
I like to make a big batch of vegan flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas on Sunday and then use them for tacos all week long. These roasted cauliflower tacos were born when I had a whole head of cauliflower and no specific plans for it. I tossed the florets with smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic powder and decided they would make a lovely taco. And they did. These easy roasted cauliflower tacos with chickpeas can be made in about 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal.
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos with Chickpeas
To begin, preheat the oven to 425F (220C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Next, chop a head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets, but don't throw away that cauliflower core! You can chop the core into pieces slightly smaller than the florets and roast them all together.
In a bowl large enough to hold the cauliflower, mix together smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and aquafaba or oil. Stir together to make a paste, and then toss the cauliflower in it until well coated.
Put the cauliflower mixture on the prepared sheet pan and roast for 25-30 minutes tossing once halfway through. The cauliflower should be softened and slightly crispy around the edges when done. Add the chickpeas during the last 5 minutes of cooking to warm through.
While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the garlic-lime crema. Add the yogurt, lime, and remaining garlic powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
When the cauliflower is done roasting, top tortillas with the roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, cabbage, and crema. Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired.
For an extra speedy meal, chop the cauliflower ahead of time so it's ready to roast any time. You can also roast the cauliflower up to two days ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Reheat in the oven with the chickpeas at 350F (180C) for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Smoky Cauliflower Tacos with Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba* or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped into bite sized florets
- 1 ¾ cup chickpeas or one 15-ounce can
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 chickpea flour tortillas
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 avocado chopped, optional
- ½ cup cilantro chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl stir together the oil, cumin, paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat Put the cauliflower mixture on the prepared sheet pan and roast for 25-30 minutes tossing once halfway through. The cauliflower should be softened and slightly crispy around the edges when done. Add the chickpeas during the last 5 minutes of cooking to warm through.
- Meanwhile make the crema. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, lime juice and remaining garlic powder. Add salt to taste and set aside.
- When the cauliflower is done roasting, top tortillas with the roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and cabbage, and drizzle with crema. Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired. Enjoy!