This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The best homemade Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe is creamy with a perfect herby and zesty kick. This dip is simple and easy to make using vegan mayo.
Looking for an easy ranch dressing recipe without buttermilk or dairy? Our version of this classic dressing still has all the delicious ranch flavors but with plant-based ingredients!
Whip up this quick and easy recipe using our dairy-free ranch seasoning blend. Vegan mayo and lemon juice meld in this simple vegan ranch recipe to achieve the perfect buttermilk flavor.
Dairy-free ranch dressing goes great with so many things! It's an excellent ranch salad dressing when thinned. One of my favorite ways to enjoy ranch is as a dipping sauce for raw veggies or vegan wings.
You’ll even have non-vegan ranch lovers fooled when they dip their french fries into this tangy and creamy ranch!
Here are more reasons to love this recipe:
- With only 4 ingredients, this ranch dressing is ready in a matter of minutes!
- It has no cashews in it, making this ranch dip nut-free.
- It is naturally gluten-free.
- It’s easy to double or triple this recipe because it won’t last long!
Looking for an oil-free ranch dressing? Check out Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing!
Just mix these simple ingredients in a small bowl to make vegan ranch dressing:
- Ranch Seasoning ensures this ranch dressing has an herby and zesty kick. See the section below for an easy blend you can make at home.
- Vegan Mayonnaise acts as the creamy base of the ranch dressing. My favorite store-bought brand is Hellmann’s.
- You could also use vegan sour cream or buttermilk! Make homemade mayo with a cashew cream base if you feel extra ambitious.
- Lemon Juice that is freshly squeezed or bottled both work great! This adds a buttermilk feel to the dressing with the perfect tang.
- Apple cider vinegar is also a good substitute.
- Water thins out the ranch, depending on whether you want to use it as a dip or a dressing. You could also use non-dairy milk if you like. I like to keep it simple with water, though.
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions.
Dairy-Free Ranch Seasoning Blend
You will need a ranch seasoning blend to make this creamy and herbaceous vegan ranch dressing! Here’s what you will need to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
This dry mix is super easy to make up. All you have to do is combine the spices in a small bowl.
Check out our post for homemade ranch seasoning and see more expert tips, pictures, and variations!
This vegan ranch dressing recipe is versatile and easy to customize based on what you have on hand:
- Make it cheesy - Add nutritional yeast for a slightly cheesy, umami flavor while boosting the savory taste of the ranch dressing.
- Make it with roasted garlic - Instead of using garlic powder in your ranch seasoning mix, add roasted fresh garlic for a fancy feel.
- Make it fresh - When making the ranch seasoning blend; swap dried herbs for freshly chopped herbs. Swap the garlic powder for fresh crushed garlic for an extra zingy flavor.
- Make it spicy - Add cayenne, sriracha, or buffalo sauce for extra heat! Start with a small amount, then add more depending on your heat tolerance.
Store leftover vegan ranch dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If using dried spices and herbs, the sauce should last as long as the mayo you are using does. The dressing will last 4 to 7 days in the refrigerator if using fresh herbs.
Ways to Use Vegan Ranch Dressing
Here are some ideas:
- Use it as a delicious vegan salad dressing, of course! Add on your favorite toppings like roasted chickpeas or tofu.
- Use creamy vegan ranch to dip sweet potato or french fries.
- Dip fresh veggies like carrots, celery sticks, or pretzels for a quick snack.
- Use it as a sauce to make vegan ranch pizza with a gluten-free pizza crust.
- Use it as a dip to cool off buffalo cauliflower wings or tofu bites.
- Drizzle over tacos, sandwiches, or veggie burgers as a refreshing and tangy sauce.
Creaminess, herbs, and alliums (onions and garlic) are the 3 components that make ranch dressing taste like ranch. Creaminess comes from the ranch dressing base. We use vegan mayonnaise for this recipe. Herbs and alliums are perfectly balanced in our dairy-free ranch seasoning blend.
With dried spices and herbs, the homemade ranch dressing can last for months in the fridge. Essentially, whatever the expiration date of the mayo that was used.
The dressing will last 4 to 7 days in the refrigerator if using fresh herbs.
Yes! Ranch dressing is naturally gluten-free, as are most store-bought brands.
The difference between ranch dip and dressing is how much you thin out the sauce. This is really up to preference. Just add water until the ranch has reached the consistency you are looking for.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free ranch seasoning
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1-3 teaspoons water to thin, can start with less if you want a thicker dip
- Mix together dairy-free ranch seasoning, vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl.
- Add more water as desired to thin out the ranch into a dressing. Or keep as is to enjoy as a dip!
- Yield: About ¾ cup.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons.
- Storage: Store leftover vegan ranch dressing in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. If using dried spices and herbs, the sauce should last as long as the mayo you use does. The dressing will last 4 to 7 days in the refrigerator if using fresh herbs.
- Check out avocado ranch dressing for an oil-free recipe!