This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan chai chia pudding is the perfect delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert! Bursting with Masala chai spice flavor, this overnight recipe is sure to become a favorite!
If you are looking for a quick and tasty make-ahead breakfast or snack, look no further than chai chia seed pudding made with almond milk!
Just like with chia seed pudding with almond butter, this recipe is simple to whip up the night before and pull from the fridge when ready to serve.
It's fancy enough for dessert but a protein-filled way to start the day too!
You'll LOVE Vegan Chai Chia Seed pudding because:
- It's a great source of energy that will keep you full until your next meal.
- It only requires a few simple ingredients to make.
- It's easy to customize with different plant-based milks and toppings.
- The subtle spicy Chai flavor is irresistible and perfect for fall.
This vegan chai chia pudding is a winner for those who follow a plant-based or gluten-free diet or are just looking for a delicious treat!
What are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds are small black or white seeds and are well known as a nutritional powerhouse. Not only are they a great source of nutrition, but they're also a natural thickening agent. When mixed with water or another liquid, the seeds will inflate and become gel-like, thickening the mixture that they are in.
What is Chai?
Chai is the word for tea in many cultures. Chai has become known around the world as a delicious tea latte made with black tea and warm spices, such as cinnamon and cardamom. The flavor and taste are comforting and piquant.
Masala chai spice blend is a favorite for its warm, fragrant spices, not only in tea but also for baking and cooking. It has many benefits as well.
This recipe incorporates the fantastic flavors of black tea and chai masala spice into creamy chia pudding!
You will need these simple ingredients to make the best chai chia pudding:
- Chia Seeds - The two main types of chia seeds are white and black. Black chia seeds tend to be more popular and available, but either kind works in this recipe.
- Chai Concentrate - To make this recipe super easy, use chai concentrate! Chai concentrate is black tea and spices already brewed and incorporated. You can either make your own chai concentrate or purchase it! If you are purchasing chai concentrate, check the ingredients to see if a sweetener is included. If not, you might want to add a bit of maple syrup to sweeten it.
- Plant-Based Milk - Almond Milk makes this pudding super creamy and delicious. You can substitute it with any unsweetened non-dairy milk, such as coconut, soy, oat, or rice.
- Sweetener - Use maple syrup or agave nectar to sweeten, if desired.
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions.
Directions with Pictures
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making the best chai-spiced chia seed pudding:
- Add chai concentrate and plant milk into a medium-sized, stainless steel pot. Turn the heat on low and warm the ingredients while gently stirring.
- Slowly pour in chia seeds, whisking while adding to avoid clumping. Continue to stir to incorporate the chia seeds with the liquid. If the pot has begun to boil or even simmer, you can turn off the heat. The goal is just to warm the liquid.
- Continue to stir the pudding for several minutes until it begins to thicken. Note: Under stirring might cause the chia seeds to sink to the bottom and clump.
- Once the pudding has begun to thicken, stir it for a few minutes more. Then, remove from the stovetop and transfer to a refrigerator-safe container with a lid. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Once chilled, enjoy it as is, or top it with fresh fruit, nuts, or seeds for extra nutrition and flavor.
For optimal results, store leftover chai spice chia seed pudding in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Since this chia pudding is served cold, simply remove it from the fridge and enjoy!
More Vegan Breakfasts
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Vegan Chai Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Chai Concentrate
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Chia seeds black or white
- Start by adding chai concentrate and almond milk into a medium-sized, stainless steel pot. Turn the heat on low and begin to warm the ingredients while gently stirring.
- Slowly, pour in chia seeds stirring while adding. I like to use a large whisk to avoid any clumping. Continue to stir to incorporate the chia seeds with the liquid. If the pot has begun to boil or even simmer, you can turn off the heat. The goal is just to warm the liquid.
- Continue to stir the pudding for several minutes until it begins to thicken. NOTE: Under stirring might cause the chia seeds to sink to the bottom and clump.
- Once the pudding has begun to thicken, stir it a few minutes more. Then, remove from the stovetop and transfer to a refrigerator save container with lid. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.